A Crochet Hexagonal Revamp
Do you remember this project from my UFO unveiling?
Well, I realised the reason that I wasn't getting on with it, was because I wasn't completely happy with the colours.
It looks good (I think), but when I laid it on the sofa it is intended for, it sort of just blended in a bit too much with the colours in the sofa, as the colours are quite close in value as is on the sofa.
I undid all the outer rows, and redid them in whitish.
Now it really lifts the sofa when I place it on it.
Now Im happy.
By the way, Im doing this one in an acrylic yarn from Spotlight (in Australia). It's Moda Vera brand, and I think the name is Marvel. Its $3 for 100g ball, and it is really quite soft. They have a good colour range.
I didn't think I would like working in acrylic (and in some brands I tried, I definitely don't), but this one feels good to work with.
It's also what I crocheted the Fi's Flowery Granny square with, which is currently being turned into a cushion (instructions will be posted imminently....).