Monday, January 24, 2011

50th Celebrations - Part Two - generational crochet


So, as the day drew on and the sun started to go down, we moved inside for crochet, tea and chocolate cake (healthy organic of course...)
The younger generation thought that this crochet might be a bit of a lark, and wanted to join in.
Cool.

And here is sister #4 with a bag of - more wool!



But, says sister #4, if you're going to do this, I'm going to show you how to do it right! Now pay attention.



But, patience wears thin, especially when you've just caught sight of a project that you might just want to try yourself....



And the youngest generation want in on it too.
Show me how to crochet, please!



Look at me, I'm finger knitting! 



But patience wears thin, yet again.  Much better to snuggle underneath the crochet while granny carries on the good work.


Cheers
Fi


4 comments:

  1. Sensible young lady .... wish my girls would show an interest in crafting ... it appears to have skipped a generation again in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous....a picnic...warm weather...crocheting...good food....wine....family....what a grand time. That sounds like so much more fun than going out to eat somewhere. What a lovely and memorable day. Happy late Birthday.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to have so many of you family to crochet with! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, Yes, it was SOOO much more fun. I much prefer that type of get together than to sit in a restaurant - esp when its a beautiful day.

    Elsa, yes, it is. We came to Australia 35 years ago, so family is very sparse over here. We have to work extra hard to develop family ( my sister did well with 5 kids and 3 grand kids, I didnt do so well.....)

    Lalabibaby, you know, it can lie latent for some time before emerging - I took until I was 49 before I started to crochet!

    Cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You made the sun shine brighter today.