Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Same Design - Different Look


Just to show you how changing a few simple things of a design can give you a completely different look.

These are the same as the Christmas Holly Wreath earrings, with different colours and an extra row of stitches.

Tip: With earrings, I like to sew the beads onto the back as well as the front, that way they look nice from all angles, if they are the dangly type.



On another note - I don't like to throw away the Christmas cards that get sent to me that I particularly like.
I keep them and recycle them (put them back on display) year after year.

This particular card (in the photo) is one that my mother sent me some years ago.  I love it.  In fact, most of the ones I can't bear to part with came from her.
My sister has made it one of her life ambitions to send me a card that is deemed worthy of the 'display every year' category! (I actually put one of hers in, just to keep her happy, but... ssssshhhh!!!!....don't tell her that!)

Maybe next year, Ill scan them in and post them. 
Perhaps we could have a show and tell best Christmas cards session.

Cheers
Fi

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I prefer these to the Christmas ones - I think it's because they don't have the ribbon bow. Also, they can be worn any time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the earrings. I might have to make some for Christmas next year. I have an idea to try to make one thing every month for the next year for Christmas. What? It could happen! I could do it. But your'e right, I probably won't. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You made the sun shine brighter today.