Friday, December 31, 2010

And So It Ends - the middle

Here I am, as promised.

So, I'm sure you are wondering what I have been up to this afternoon, after my trip to the hardware shop.

You need wonder no longer.
My mother and my grandmother used to always say that how your house looked on New Years Eve, when the bell strikes midnight, is how your house is going to look for the rest of the year.

Mmmm, bit of a prob there - my house has been a bit of disaster due to the decade that is never to be repeated. 



What to do, what to do.
I know!  I will choose a project that shows my good intentions to get a grip on things - and what better place to start, than the front door!

I'm declaring my intentions for a new start, right at the start of the house.

Here is the BEFORE picture.  The door looked like this New Year's Eve morning...


and here are the well-past-used-by-date flowers that have been gracing the door for some years.



And after spending a sweltering hot and sweaty few hours (our summer finally arrived today), here is my new front door



Now I need to get a new front door mat.



Stay tuned for the end of the day of the year of the decade that was.....

Cheers
Fi


3 comments:

  1. Love the door! I'd love to paint mine but it needs to be refinished and besides it's 28 degrees out today (I live in Portland, OR).
    There was a house in the town I used to live in (it's probably still there) and the people who lived there always changed the color of the front door every year!
    Happy New Year to you! it hasn't happened here yet, tomorrow it will be January 1, 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You made the sun shine brighter today.