As you can see, I'm catching on to this blogging thing, and I am now officially on a roll.
Flushed with success after finishing the afore mentioned blanket, I moved on to these brooches.
I must say that the small size was a welcome relief!
I think I got the flower pattern from the book, "100 flowers to knit and crochet".
I used a yarn I bought from lincraft, can't remember the name, but it had bamboo in it.
These were really fun to do. You can embellish the centres with buttons, beads or whatever, and you can add in embroidery stitches, you can sew the flower on to the yoyo so as it sits flat, or you can let the petals stand out a bit more.