Saturday, November 3, 2012

For Cindy Bee....

Gosh, Cindy, it really must have been a while, I very nearly forgot my login password!!!!!

Since I took on the Night of Christmas Hope project, (we are raising money for HIV/AIDS orphanage in Thailand this year), teaching the women in my church how to make paper bead jewellery to sell on the night, etc. life has been a bit of a squeeze.

 
 


Although I must say that I have determined to not get as stressed this year as last year.

What is done is done, and what isn't done - well, isn't.


But, having said that, in the continual search to reclaim a modicum of health, I have just started my family on a 30 day raw food programme. 

We definitely do not intend to go vegan, or even vegetarian, but I feel we will benefit enormously from this 'clean out'.

I am now spending soo much time in the kitchen, getting my head around the whole thing.
I've got the dehydrator back out, and have two batches of flax crackers (different varieties) on the go as we speak.

I've got seeds sprouting all over the kitchen - gosh! am I running out of space!!
There is also a couple of trays of wheatgrass sprouting near the window.

The cupboard is now well-stocked with all the pantry items like nuts, seeds, spices, dried fruits, etc, I buy them bulk and have them delivered.

We've joined the juices and green smoothie brigade - now there is something to throw your body straight into a detox!

I've spent too long lately feeling awful and not sleeping half the night, no energy etc. that I had to take desperate measures. 
So far, I must say, the food has been very tasty.  Lots of variety.


Oh, and the other thing I have squeezed in this year, is that I took a small space in a shop at the Old Robertson Cheese Factory.  It is only $20 for rent, and someone else mans the shop - I don't even have to be there! 
Perfect.

I have sold quite a few of these crochet flower brooches.

 
 
Also some jewellery items I've made and handmade soap.  The lavender and patchouli have been very popular.
 
I must pop over to your blog now and see what you've been up to.
 
cheers
Fi


3 comments:

  1. Oh you busy and clever girl!! Love those beads. I have several bead books and one does have the making of paper beads and I sure wish I could be spending time with you and your ladies, doing this wonderful deed to help benefit others and such a worthy cause. The converting to healthier eating sounds like a wonderful idea. I bought a juicer this past year and have used it a few times but been so busy these past 2 months running myself silly with so many things for my husband who is now getting more chemo and also dialysis. Alas, this is now how we spend our retirement and it seems I have to look at my blogger friends pages so I can escape a bit. Have a good weekend dear.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well gosh Fi...you have been busy. Next time just let me know so I won't wonder whatever happened to you! The beads are great. I remember how busy you got with it all last year. I actually have a necklace made out of those paper beads that my sister got for me at one of those international stores that help women in other countries. I can't remember the name of it. And those brooches are lovely. I don't sleep well anymore either but I just figured it was part of getting older. Most people I know don't sleep well. I've resorted to drugs rather than healthy eating. I know I know...it's awful. But I am pretty sure my husband wouldn't go for the healthy eating plan. We tried it once. Maybe I could sneak in a meal a week once we get settled and I have more time to spend in the kitchen. It does take time. I have started ordering produce from the organic food coop again, so I guess it's a start. We have actually moved and are living in one room in our basement. It's not as bad as it sounds because we are so busy with the house, and getting the other house ready to sell that we're not here much. Pop in and say hi now and then so I'll know you're ok. I miss you!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fi, sounds very industrious in your world, brilliant that you have a shop....one day...I hope to follow suit. Anyway I was writing to thank you so much for commenting on my blog, so very kind of you, I have been so overwhelmed by the responses of you and others, wonderful place the blogosphere!
    Sarah -x-

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You made the sun shine brighter today.